Konjac (from Latin name of the plant Konnyaku) is 100% natural and eco-friendly sponge made out of the cognominal plant.
The sponge has holistic effect on the skin. It has been used in Japanese cosmetics for over 1,500 years. However, it became popular due to the South Korean brands, which are famous around the whole world. They used Konnyaku in their innovative solutions and included it as a comprehensive component of Asian face cleaning multi-stage procedure.
Konjac face sponge: peculiarities
The products are designed for face cleaning using both face wash of any brand and skin type and just water.
The sponges delicately clean and scrub skin, besides they can be used as a foamer of a cosmetic face wash changing its texture and improving efficiency.
Properties that make the Konjac Sponge unique product:
- Composition is 100% natural and healthy for skin as well as for the whole organism.
- Careful effect on skin. The Konnyaku fibers softly eliminate the toughened skin, bringing it into tonus.
- The sponge does not damage even sensitive skin, as it is nice to the feel.
- It cleans pores finely.
- The rich elements composition of the sponge fibre leaves skin acid-alkaline balanced. Therefore, the sponge is a kind of hypoallergenic antiseptic.
- It improves microcirculation and boosts skin regeneration.
Konjac Sponge types: shapes and colors
The cosmetic brands frequently add different active ingredients to the sponge, intensifying certain qualities of the sponge:
- White sponge contains white clay, which regulates oil glands work. This sponge has the softest effect. It can be used for both normal and sensitive skin, even for skin with apparent spider veins.
- Black sponge has bamboo activated carbon. It is designed for blemish-prone and greasy skin as well as for the skin prone to irritation. The sponge is indispensable for deep and easy-soiled pores.
- Orange sponge has either pink or red clay in its structure. The clay is rich of microelements and irreplaceable for withering skin as well as for the dry one.
- Green sponge contains green tea extract. It can be used for any skin type as it cleans the pores deeply. The sponge heals and soothes the skin damaged by sunbeams. The Konjac Sponge with green tea extract is recommended for the protection from the pigmented spots if used regularly. Another type of green sponge has green clay, which repairs the skin moisture balance.
- Lilac sponge contains the lavender extract that soothes irritation. Therefore, it is good for sensitive blemish-prone skin.
The sponge shape is determined by the brand preference. Frequently you may find sponge in the shape of ball half. However, there are round sponges, heart-shaped, drop-shaped or sponges in the shape of short spindle.
How to use Konjac Sponge
Before using the sponge, you should make it wet by placing it either into water bowl or under a water stream. It takes two minutes to get it fully soaked. Make sure you do not squeeze half-wet sponge in the attempt to speed up soaking. It will cause cracking and therefore the sponge will serve you less than it can.
After the procedure put some amount of cleanser on the sponge. Due to Konnyaku, the cleanser gets thick. The sponge acts like a special net-foamer, which is used in Asia for washing face. Massage your skin in circular flowing motions.
If your skin is sensitive, you can use sponge without cleanser.
Using sponge without face wash leads to careful renewal of epidermis and allows to get rid of skin exfoliation and dryness.
It is not recommended to use the sponge if your skin has heavy blemish.
Neither is it recommended to apply foundation with the help of this sponge. Firstly, active foaming damages the foundation structure; a foamed cream does not stay on the skin. Secondly, it is hard to wash the foundation out of the sponge.
How to keep Konjac Sponge
After using sponge, you should dry it up in the air. The sponge has an eyelet for this purpose.
The sponge producers do not recommend leaving the product in the bathroom because it is hardly ventilated place. The most popular advice is to keep the sponge in the balcony.
You can use the Konjac Sponge during one-three months, later it is necessary to replace it with the new one, even if the sponge has kept its form and elasticity. The thing is that with the course of time microbes appear in the natural sponge.
Konjac Sponge of the Konnyaku plant
The Konjac Sponge is made of perennial plant pip, which Asian people call “Palm of the Earth” because of its peculiarity to tiller in a strange way during blossom. The plant pip is 25 cm wide, and its leaves are approximately 1.5 m long. The pip can take up big amount of water, two times more than its own weight. It leads to the fast enrichment of active biomass. Approximately 40% of the pip weight is glucomannan – dietary fibre, which forms the basis for the sponge.
The Konjac Sponge usage results in healthy, clear and glowing skin. Besides, it feels nice and pleasant to the skin. Regular usage of the sponge is beneficial to the skin of any type.